The Bear Grylls Adventure
Have you got what it takes?
At The Bear Grylls Adventure guests can conquer epic mental and physical challenges inspired by the world’s greatest adventurer, Bear Grylls.
A destination for true adventure lovers, where they will be able to fly, dive, climb, learn the skills for adventure at Basecamp or take on some seriously high ropes.
We are currently recruiting for Aquarists to join our team to care for our aquatic creatures and their environment at the Bear Grylls Adventure located at the Birmingham NEC.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in an exciting new attraction – unique in Merlin. In this role, you will report directly to the Lead Aquarist and you will work as part of a team of Aquarists to ensure both animal well-being and the proper care and maintenance of all filtration systems that are so vital to their well-being.
We are looking for the following skills and experience;
- You are a fun individual that loves working as part of a team
- You have experience in working in public aquariums
- If you have experience of working with small animals/reptiles this is a plus
- You have acquired over time a good understanding and working knowledge of Life Support Systems as employed on the site to ensure; correct maintenance is carried out in accordance with the manufactures recommendations and swift resolution of problems if they occur.
- You have a thorough knowledge of the Water Environment, which will allow the identification and resolution of problems with the environment for the animals
- You have a passion for all things aquatic and a commitment to conservation and animal issues
- You have the ability to deliver exceptional customer service in a fast paced environment
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are adaptable and have the flexibility to work in a new openings environment, as per the business operational requirements
This role is Full Time, Permanent, averaging 37.5 hours per week and will include weekends and bank holidays as required.
Alongside a competitive annual salary and 20 days holiday you can look forward to enjoying a great benefits package including a Group Personal Pension Plan, Merlin Magic pass, Employee Assistance Programme, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants, 40% discount online off of Lego, and much more!
To learn more or apply please click HERE
Independent International Zoo Consultant