Conservation Knowledge Officer
Job Title: Conservation Knowledge Officer
Department: Conservation Knowledge
Reporting to: Head of Conservation Knowledge
Full time / Part-time: Full Time
Permanent / Contract: Permanent
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to promote the Trust's work in the captive breeding of endangered species by assisting the strategic development of the Conservation Knowledge department and supporting operational delivery of its training, learning, science and impact programmes.
Duties will include conducting desk-based research and analysis to help develop a strategy for training as part of Durrell’s Rewild our World strategy, managing the training monitoring & evaluation system, assisting with delivery of training and conservation education, help establish a young volunteer conservationists programme, and providing operational support across the Conservation Knowledge department.
• Strong organisational and time management skills, with structured and methodical approach to work and a clear focus on outputs
• Excellent proven numeracy skills
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and a good writing style, with the ability to summarise and report technical information for a range of audiences
• Strong inter-personal skills with an ability to work effectively with colleagues from different disciplines and backgrounds
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• A degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience in
conservation or a related field
• Experience of working in a field conservation project, particularly in a
developing nation context
• Experience of training professional conservationists and working within
a training environment
• Experience of working with young school-age conservationists and
school groups in an environmental education setting
• Experience in conducting desk-based research
• A self-motivated team player, with the flexibility and initiative to
maximise his/her contribution
• A problem-solver, able to balance competing priorities and manage
• Able to work effectively with colleagues in multiple locations
• Strong commitment to conservation and passion for the natural world
• Strong commitment to developing the skills, knowledge and behavioural qualities of conservationists from around the world
How to apply
To apply for this position please send your completed application form and CV with cover letter to email@example.com clearly indicating for which position you wish to apply for.
Closing date for applications: Friday 15th June 2018
Independent International Zoo Consultant