Administrative Assistant (Executive Support)
Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Dubbo
Taronga Conservation Society Australia currently has a vacancy for a temporary full-time Administrative Assistant (Executive Support), based at Taronga Western Plains Zoo (TWPZ), Dubbo.
This exciting position will allow the successful candidate to work within an incredibly unique and rewarding work environment. The position plays a key administrative support role to the General Manager and the TWPZ management team, assisting with the delivery of the zoo’s strategic plan objectives.
To be successful in this role you will require:
• Demonstrated experience in a executive administrative support role including diary management, taking minutes, co-ordinating key stakeholders and responding to enquiries;
• Effective customer service skills, and adaptability and flexibility to accommodate change and provide responsive services to meet customer needs;
• Strong planning and organisational skills with a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team effectively, prioritise, and meet established timeframes;
• Ability to act proactively, use initiative and work independently;
• Well developed verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills, including a proven ability to establish effective working relations;
• Experience dealing with sensitive and confidential matters;
• Experience establishing and effectively managing filing systems – both paper based and electronic;
• Experience using a range of computer software packages, in particular MS Office applications.
To apply for this role, you are required to address the selection criteria. Please obtain an information package from the jobs page of our website http://www.taronga.org.au/ which includes the application form, selection criteria and position description. For further information regarding this position, please contact Leanne Darlington on (02) 68811428, or email email@example.com
Applications, including resume, application form and completed selection criteria should be sent to HR Officer, Taronga Western Plains Zoo, PO Box 831, Dubbo 2830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by quoting reference. no 2010/16.
For regular updated Zoo News, Views, Reviews and Vacancies please visit Zoo News Digest on
And Learn More About Zoos and Aquariums by visiting