Senior Training Officer
Al Ain Wildlife Park and Resort
To coordinate and support all training activities of AWPR’s Wildlife Park Operations division and its various units.
Duties and Tasks:
The Senior Training Officer will be a member of the Learning and Development Unit and his role will focus on supporting training and development of AWPR’s Operations
Division through performing the following tasks:
• Coordinate / execute training and development activities of Wildlife Operations Division as part of AWPR’s training plan
• Modify / update induction material to suit Operations Division needs
• Deliver induction sessions to new employees as well as annual refresher orientation for existing staff
• Conduct training needs assessments, analyze results and recommend suitable training programs to fill in performance gaps
• Assist in the development of AWPR’s annual training plan
• Design and develop training and instructional materials as required
• Deliver training sessions to help equip employees with necessary attitudes, skills and knowledge
• Manage / coordinate all On-The Job training activities within the Division
• Provide one-on-one coaching and counselling to designated employees
• Coordinate / organize training activities delivered by external training providers
• Work with Line managers to evaluate performance improvement following training activities and recommend changes to improve results
• Assess the performance of external service providers
• Assist in the creation and management of a learning management system
• Demonstrating continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service to all Learning and Development stakeholder
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline, Master’s degree preferred.
• A professional certification in training and development
• 3-5 years experience in the Training and Development field.
• Experience in the following sectors is preferred; tourism, Zoos, Wildlife parks, Safaris, Amusement parks
• Prior experience in developing UAE nationals preferred
• Direct hands-on experience in the implementation of training and development modules including actual classroom contact.
• Good exposure/experience in the development of training material
• High proficiency level in English Language
• knowledge of Arabic Language
• Good working knowledge of the principles, training methods, and techniques used in adult education.
• Good working knowledge of group dynamics and human behaviour.
• High planning, analytical, problem solving and evaluation skills.
To apply please click
For regular updated Zoo News, Views, Reviews and Vacancies please visit Zoo News Digest on
Are You Ready For Your Interview?
To order or see more click HERE
Please mention Zoo News Digest should you apply for this post. Thank You!