Student and Volunteers Administration Assistant
Taronga Conservation Society Australia (Taronga) is currently seeking an experienced and enthusiastic individual to join our team as Student and Volunteers Administration Assistant. This position is responsible for supporting the administration functions of Taronga’s successful Volunteers program and Taronga’s Registered Training Organisation, Taronga Training Institute (TTI).
This role will be working with TTI, Volunteer and Human Resources staff and will have contact with current and future students and volunteers of the Taronga, while providing necessary administrative assistance to these growing programs.
The successful applicant will possess:
• Well developed administrative and records management skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• High level of computer literacy, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Well developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including the ability to establish effective working relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service.
• Effective coordination, time management and prioritisation skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment and to take direction or to work autonomously.
To apply for this position, you will need to complete an application form and address the selection criteria for this role. To obtain an information package, including application form, selection criteria and position description, visit the jobs page of our website http://www.taronga.org.au/ or contact Laura Hamilton on email@example.com
Applications, including an application form, selection criteria and resume should be posted to the HR Officer, Taronga Conservation Society Australia, PO Box 20 Mosman NSW 2088, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by quoting reference number 2010/17.
For regular updated Zoo News, Views, Reviews and Vacancies please visit Zoo News Digest on
And Learn More About Zoos and Aquariums by visiting