Human Resources Officer, Occupational Health and Safety and Environment
Taronga Western Plains Zoo
Taronga Conservation Society Australia currently has a vacancy for a temporary full time Human Resources Officer, Occupational Health and Safety and Environment, based at Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Dubbo.
The primary roles of this position is to provide HR generalist support, including OHS&E and Workers Compensation advice, to the managers and employees of Taronga Western Plains Zoo, in line with organizational policies and procedures as well as legislative requirements.
To be successful in this role you will require:
• Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources or equivalent experience in a similar role.
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as a part of a team.
• Demonstrated experience in facilitating work-based training and education programs.
• Demonstrated ability to manage workload including the ability to prioritise work and meet established timeframes.
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including an ability to effectively establish working relationships and produce reports.
• Demonstrated computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and HRIS (preferably SAP).
• Current Class C Driver’s License (or equivalent) recognised by New South Wales’ authorities.
• Certificate in Occupational First Aide, or willingness to obtain.
Please visit http://www.taronga.org.au/ to obtain an application form and information package or for further information regarding this position, please contact Pippa Williams on (02) 9978 4695, or email email@example.com
Applications, including resume, application form and completed selection criteria should be sent to HR Officer, Taronga Conservation Society Australia, PO Box 20, Mosman 2088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by quoting reference. no 2010/18 by Monday 17 May 2010
For regular updated Zoo News, Views, Reviews and Vacancies please visit Zoo News Digest on
And Learn More About Zoos and Aquariums by visiting