Commercial Manager - Taronga Western Plains Zoo
The Taronga Conservation Society Australia (TCSA) operates Taronga Zoo in Sydney and Taronga Western Plains Zoo in Dubbo, catering for local, interstate and international visitors.
Taronga Western Plains Zoo (TWPZ) in Dubbo is seeking a highly motivated and experienced business professional to join our team as Commercial Manager. This exciting position will allow the successful candidate to work within an incredibly unique and rewarding work environment.
This is an opportunity for an individual to influence the future direction of the TWPZ operation through the development of new and expanded commercial operations for the site, in line with the TCSA strategic plan objectives. The Commercial Manager also has responsibility for ensuring the efficient operations of the finances for the site.
• Demonstrated knowledge/experience of large, highly visible public venue, or tourist attraction including operating knowledge of best practice commercial operations providing a sound yield or return to the zoo.
• Evidence of experience in the preparation and execution of business plans, business case or feasibility preparation, as well as a strong commercial accumen.
• Demonstrated experience in effectively managing, monitoring and reporting of budgets, including re-forecasting and variance reporting.
• Well developed communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organisation, establish effective working relationships.
• Demonstrated Microsoft Office computer skills with strongly developed Spreadsheet / Excel skills and an accounting software package.
• Effective planning, organisational and time management skills, including analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
• Tertiary qualifications in Commerce, Business or Accounting, or related discipline.
Please visit http://www.taronga.org.au/ to obtain an application form and selection criteria or for further information regarding this position, please contact Matthew Fuller via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications, including resume, application form and completed selection criteria should be sent to HR Officer, Taronga Conservation Society Australia, PO Box 831, Dubbo 2830 or email email@example.com by quoting reference. no 2010/21.
For regular updated Zoo News, Views, Reviews and Vacancies please visit Zoo News Digest on
And Learn More About Zoos and Aquariums by visiting