THIS POST HAS NOW BEEN FILLED
G1 Animal Keeper: Primates
Twycross Zoo is at a very exciting stage of development with the first phase of a 20 year masterplan already underway. The plan will see the zoo developing new habitats for a refreshed animal collection starting with Giraffe Savannah and Gibbon Forest in 2015 and plans for ape developments also going ahead.
Following an internal promotion, we have a vacancy for a Grade 1 keeper to work on our Primates section, which manages all our small primate species including callitrichids, cebids, guenons and lemurs.
· working on the section, covering all areas of animal husbandry
· training and record keeping
· interacting with zoo visitors
· assisting with the training and development of staff
Key Skills & Requirements:
· enthusiastic, high performing and motivated with a proven track record in zoo animal management
· minimum of 3 years’ experience as a keeper, preferably with primates
· substantial working knowledge of the natural history and management of key species
· good team worker with a positive outlook and excellent communication skills
· committment to continued professional development of yourself and other staff
· Zoo keeping experience and a relevant animal-related qualification
The role is permanent, full-time (15 days out of 21) and includes weekend duties on a rota system. Salary is paid monthly and we provide uniform and 31 days holiday per annum.
Please apply on-line by sending your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
This vacancy will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received, therefore you should submit your application as soon as possible.
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in