Senior Animal Keeper: Large Mammals
Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a keeper – must include working with elephants
Twycross Zoo is at a very exciting stage of development with the first phase of a 20 year masterplan already underway. The plan will see the zoo developing new habitats for a refreshed animal collection starting with Giraffe Savannah and Gibbon Forest in 2015 and plans for ape developments also going ahead.
With the expansion of our Large Mammals collection, we now have a vacancy for a Senior Keeper on this section, which manages a range of ungulate and carnivore species including zebra, nyala, tapir, Amur leopard, snow leopard, meerkat, Kirk’s dik dik, Asian elephant and giraffe.
- working on the section, covering all areas of animal husbandry
- training and record keeping
- interacting with zoo visitors
- assisting with the training and development of staff
Key Skills & Requirements:
- minimum of 4 years’ experience as a keeper – must include working with elephants
- enthusiastic, high performing and motivated with a proven track record in zoo animal management
- substantial working knowledge of the natural history and management of key species
- good team worker with a positive outlook and excellent communication skills
- commitment to continued professional development of yourself and other staff
· previous experience of supervising and training staff
- zoo keeping experience and a relevant animal-related qualification
These are full time positions, including weekend duties on a rota system. Salary is paid monthly and we provide uniform and 31 days holiday per annum.
Please apply on-line by sending your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com,
This vacancy will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received, therefore you should submit your application as soon as possible.
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in