Volunteer Fundraiser and Researcher
The Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust, registered as a charity in 1963, manages a worldwide species recovery program. Durrell’s headquarters is in Jersey and serves as a centre for breeding, research, professional training and fund raising.
At our Jersey headquarters, and around the world, Durrell is supported by a large number of invaluable volunteers. Whether it's chopping fruit for our animals, filling envelopes for members, or getting dirty cleaning out enclosures, the help they give is diverse and greatly appreciated.
Durrell is looking for a volunteer to support the UK Fundraiser.
With support from the UK Fundraiser team you’ll research opportunities and produce information to input into pipelines for:
- High Value prospects
- Celebrity contacts and potential supporters
- Profiles of large and medium sized businesses with details of their charity support and charity of the year partnerships
- Other large scale charity events happening that Durrell could become involved with
- Other conservations charities and campaigns operating in the UK
Ideally you will:
- Good communication skills, able to communicate effectively via face-to-face, telephone and email with people at all levels
- Excellent phone manner
- Have good organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Good written and spoken English
- The ability to plan and carryout your own work under your own initiative.
Experience in researching organisations through the web
- Lead generation (not essential)
This flexible role can be largely home-based (if in Jersey) or at our local office in Bath.
This is a great opportunity to develop your research experience in the third sector and help Durrell to achieve its goal to save animals from extinction.
To apply please email Susie Brayshaw at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about volunteering at Durrell please see our website www.durrell.org/jobs.
Closing date: 17th April 2015
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in