ANIMAL KEEPER VACANCY
A vacancy has arisen for an Animal Keeper at Banham Zoo.
About the role:
The successful candidate will work under the leadership of our Qualified, Lead Qualified, Assistant Head and Head Keepers, providing the best possible care and management for our diverse collection of animals. Taxa include primates, felids, canids, large hoofstock (including giraffe), small mammals and birds.
• Provide the highest level of husbandry according to the needs and requirements of the animals in your care
• Effectively handle animals to minimise stress and risk of injury to all involved
Assist in helping to maintain the level of consistency of staff responsible to this role whilst promoting a positive working environment.
• Ensure a positive impression of yourself and the company is presented to all customers (internal and external) at all times to reflect the quality of the organisation
• Must comply, at all times, with department policies and procedures in relation to administration and health & safety to ensure they are appropriately followed
• Continuously develop yourself through appropriate learning and development activities as agreed by line management in order to deliver excellence
You are expected to have been in paid, full time employment in a zoo environment for at least two years. Working to a high standard under the direction of the Head Keeper, you must be prepared to work with all kinds of domestic and exotic species and will also provide support for the rest of the keeping team.
A full driving licence is essential and candidates are expected to be computer literate with a reasonable understanding of Microsoft Word and ZIMS although training in ZIMS can be provided if necessary.
Banham Zoo is part of the Zoological Society of East Anglia and this is where you will be based. You will work an average 40 hour week with every third weekend off, however, working hours will be flexible and include bank holidays and occasional evenings.
Some additional weekend cover may be required to provide holiday cover. No accommodation is offered with this role.
If you would like an opportunity to join our team please visit our website www.banhamzoo.co.uk Download and complete an application form and send it, with a covering letter, explaining why you would be a suitable candidate for this position to:- Sarah Jermy, Head Keeper, Banham Zoo, The Grove, Banham Norfolk NR16 2HE or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is the 15th April 2016, applications made after this date will not be considered.
Previous applicants need not apply.