(Temporary Contract Expected To Last 6 Months)
Twycross Zoo is at a very exciting stage of development with the first phase of a 20 year masterplan already underway. The plan will see the zoo developing new habitats for a refreshed animal collection starting with Gibbon Forest in 2016.
We currently have vacancies for two Education Rangers who will support the team during our Summer season. Two different contracts are available:
1. Based on full-time hours averaging 38 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7 including weekends, bank holidays and school holidays
2. Based on a minimum of 20 hours per week including weekends, bank holidays and school holidays (additional hours may be available depending on visitor numbers and weather conditions).
· Deliver presentations and activities
· Staff exhibits and facilitate visitor engagement
· Take bookings for Discovery programmes
· Handle enquiries from visitors
· Assist with the delivery of pre-booked educational programmes
· Produce high quality resources for educational activities
Key Skills and Requirements
· Excellent presentation skills and great customer service
· A zoo-related qualification would be desirable
· An Education-related qualification and/or experience would be advantageous
· Experience handling small animals
Rates of pay are £5.25 per hour at ages 16-17, £5.68 at ages 18, 19 & 20, £7.05 at ages 21-24 and £7.20 at age 25 and above. Minimum age is 16 for Health and Safety reasons.
To apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter to:
This vacancy will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received, therefore you should submit your application as soon as possible.