Senior Animal Keeper: Large Mammals
Twycross Zoo is at a very exciting stage of development with the first phase of a 20 year masterplan already underway. The plan will see the zoo developing new habitats for a refreshed animal collection starting with Gibbon Forest in 2016.
We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Animal Keeper to work on our Large Mammals section which manages a range of ungulate and carnivore species including zebra, nyala, tapir, Amur leopard, snow leopard, meerkat, Kirk’s dik dik, Asian elephant and giraffe.
- · working on the section, covering all areas of animal husbandry
- · assisting with the training and development of staff
- · training and record keeping
- · interacting with zoo visitors
Key Skills & Requirements:
- · minimum of 4 years’ experience as a keeper – must include working with hoofstock and carnivores
- · enthusiastic, high performing and motivated with a proven track record in zoo animal management
- · substantial working knowledge of the natural history and management of key species
- · good team worker with a positive outlook and excellent communication skills
- · commitment to continued professional development of yourself and other staff
- · previous experience of supervising and training staff
- · zoo keeping experience and a relevant animal-related qualification
The role is permanent full time and includes weekend duties on a rota system. Salary is paid monthly and we provide uniform and 31 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays).
Please apply on-line by sending your CV with a covering letter to: email@example.com
This vacancy will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received, therefore you should submit your application as soon as possible.