Team Leader (Discovery)
Twycross Zoo is at a very exciting stage of development with the first phase of a 20 year masterplan already underway. The plan will see the zoo developing new habitats for a refreshed animal collection starting with Gibbon Forest in 2016.
Along with the masterplan for the collection, we are also developing our Education department and now have two vacancies for Team Leader in this area. Both roles will have responsibility for our learning programmes with one role responsible for our formal learning and one role responsible for informal learning.
The key purpose of both these roles is to improve knowledge of conservation and welfare by delivering a high standard of varied educational activities to all ages.
Formal Learning Key Responsibilities Include:
· Lead on development of formal education programmes for schools, community groups and other sectors
· Expand current programme to increase income for the department
· Preparation of sessions for groups from pre-school to undergraduate
· Responsible for management of Education Officers
· Lead on care of animals under the supervision of the Education team
· Produce educational marketing and promotional material
Informal Learning Key Responsibilities Include:
· Lead on development of informal education programmes through presentations, events and activities
· Maximise income opportunities through an efficient management of the booking process
· Preparation of presentations and activities suitable for all ages and understanding
· Responsible for management of Education Rangers and Discovery Volunteers
· Produce interpretation for new and existing exhibits
· Lead on development of nature reserve to increase native species
Key Skills & Requirements:
The successful applicant will have a degree (or equivalent level qualification) in a Zoo-related subject and, ideally, will hold a teaching qualification or have significant teaching experience. Excellent presentation skills are essential along with an outgoing and confident personality and supervisory experience.
Experience in handling small animals (mammals and exotics) would be preferred. These roles will work closely together and successful candidates will be required to support each other’s area.
This is a full time position, 5 days out of 7, including weekends, bank holidays and school holidays. Salary is paid monthly and we provide 31 days holiday per annum.
Please apply on-line by sending your CV with a covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday 21st March 2016