Animal Management Centre Head: Exotics
SPARSHOLT COLLEGE HAMPSHIRE
£25,336 - £26,939 or £27,740 - £29,389 depending on qualifications and experience
The post holder will be responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the Animal Management Centre’s Exotic animal Collection which includes: Herptiles and amphibians, small mammals, avian species and paddocks. This involves the provision of high quality services by the Exotic Animal Section staff, to the College and to external customers for the primary purpose of education and training.
The successful candidate will hold relevant industry related qualifications and have proven extensive experience and skills in managing a successful team within an animal collection. Providing a high quality, professional and customer focussed service to both students and external clients are essential to this post.
Normally, the post holder will be expected to live on-site for which a 3 bed family house is provided at a subsidised rate.
This post is based at the Sparsholt campus.
Closing Date: 02 August 2016
Interview Date: 17 August 2016
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 23 or 24 days plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Child Care Vouchers
• Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £85 per annum)
• Gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
• You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Dog Kennelling facility on Sparsholt campus (subject to availability)
• Discounted horse riding lessons at the Sparsholt Equine Centre
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
Application packs are available from:
24 hour recruitment line: 01962 797438
Independent International Zoo Consultant