KEEPER – PRIMATE & SMALL CARNIVORES
Brooklands Zoo located in New Plymouth, Taranaki is a free, family focused zoo that is home to a diverse variety of species and attracts over 111,000 visitors annually. We are an Accredited ZAA facility operated by New Plymouth District Council. In Taranaki it’s easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career. Our regions’ dynamic surf, multitude of parks and gardens, iconic walkways, major events calendar and mountain playground make this the place to live!
• A rare opportunity has arisen for a qualified and experienced Keeper to join our dedicated team at Brooklands Zoo to maintain the primate and small carnivores section.
• To be successful in this role you will need:
• A recognised animal husbandry qualification
• A minimum of three years current employment experience in zoo species management programmes, specifically primate and small carnivores
• A good understanding of animal welfare requirements, enrichment and positive reinforcement training
• An ability to communicate with all types of people with experience in visitor engagement
• An energetic and self-motivated approach to your work including excellent time management skills
• A current manual drivers licence
We are open year round so you will need to be available to work some weekends and public holidays as rostered.
If you have the necessary qualifications, great practical zoo experience to keep our animals, visitors and team thriving then we would love to hear from you!
The remuneration range for this permanent fulltime position is $39,950 - $47,000.
Applications close Monday 25 July 2016
Independent International Zoo Consultant