Following on from our highly successful, exciting and interesting project in Ski Dubai we will shortly be looking for Penguin Trainers for a new venture in Cairo, Egypt.
We fully appreciate that there are not a lot of people out there with Penguin training experience so you will learn this aspect on the job. We are keen to consider those with considerable animal husbandry and training experience particularly with Penguins who have a serious and genuine interest in promoting an educational conservation message to a multinational public.
Competition has been tough for previous posts and we appreciate you may have gained a position elsewhere since we last advertised.
The trainers will participate in the husbandry and training of the penguin collection, including the maintenance of holding area, LSS, preparation of diets/penguin feeding and the set-up and maintenance of presentation areas.
You will work with and alongside a team of friendly, outgoing and dedicated international trainers. The penguins AND the trainers ARE the team.
Our aim is to create leaders.
- Monitor and perform daily feeding and training of Gentoo and Chinstrap penguins
- Monitor penguins and public during public demonstrations
- Monitor and maintain LSS
- Clean exhibit on a daily basis, including touch-up after presentations
- Observe penguins for signs of stress or illness
- Keep records current each day
- Public speaking for a variety of penguin presentations and guest orientation
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or Zoology or Diploma in the Management of Zoo and Aquarium Animals or related field or equivalent experience
- Preferably three year of training experience, ideally with marine mammals. Alternative expertise in animal husbandry given serious consideration (incubation, hand rearing, ZIMS).
- Good spoken English
- Previous experience in maintaining living specimens
- Ability to work well with staff and supervisors
- Ability to perform well under duress typical of positions dealing with living organisms
- Able to work alone and to work with others
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Be able to lift 50 lbs. to shoulder height
- Carry materials, transport boxes, buckets, etc. throughout the facility
- Able to work on rota
- Standing, walking for long periods in an extremely cold environment
If interested please forward your resume along with a recent photo to: email@example.com
Applications close on the 1st August 2016
Previous applicants may re-apply providing they can match the criteria above