Animal Records Registrar
Twycross Zoo is at a very exciting stage of development with the first phase of a 20 year masterplan already underway. The plan will see the zoo developing new habitats for a refreshed animal collection.
We currently have a vacancy for an Animal Records Registrar to work in our Veterinary section.
· Keeping animal records up to date using software as designated by the Zoo, ensuring that quality of data is maintained to highest degree and that records are retained for at least 10 years or longer as per current legislation
· Serve as liaison with Species360 and inform of any new developments
· Respond to all requests for information, both internal and external, in a professional and timely manner
· Oversee the deployment and management of ZIMS across all departments of the zoo
· Liaise with Registrars at other zoos to promote best practice
· Arrange animal transfers, working alongside the Vet Department and Curatorial Department, to ensure the successful execution of animal movements
· Serve as liaison with Defra and other government agencies to ensure that all national and international regulations related to movements of animals are adhered to
· Maintain files of documents related to animal transfers in order to comply with legislation and internal procedures
· Liaise with other institutions and Defra to ensure and promote best practice
· Support Life Sciences department in all aspects related to record keeping
· Produce regular management reports
Key Skills & Requirements:
· IT literate and proficient in MS Excel, Word and Outlook; knowledge of ZIMS is desirable
· Ideally educated to degree level in science/animal related subject
· Ability to understand and explain complex legislation
· Must demonstrate good organisational and admin skills
· The ability to work well in a team and on own initiative
The role is permanent full time and includes weekend duties on a rota system. Salary is paid monthly and we provide uniform and 31 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays).
Please apply on-line by sending your CV with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received, therefore you should submit your application as soon as possible.
Independent International Zoo Consultant