Wildlife veterinarian, preferably with experience working in zoological or Safari Parks.
Seeking an experienced full-time veterinarian to provide professional veterinary services. The successful candidate will provide care to sick and injured animals, complete the preventive health program and disease investigations.
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Degree (or equivalent)
- A minimum of five years of clinical experience
- A minimum of five years of zoological medicine experience with a strong preference for completion of an internship and/or residency program in zoological medicine.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide professional veterinary services which may include;
- Participation in the preventive health care program
- Conduct regularly scheduled vaccination and preventive care programs to maintain health of animals and guard against communicable diseases
- Perform routine sedation and tranquilization of African and Asian species
- Conducting effective quarantine and testing procedures for all incoming animals, and carry out pre-shipment testing to ensure health of collection, prevent spread of disease, and comply with government regulations.
- Providing emergency medical attention to ill or injured zoo animals.
- Providing 24 hour a day on call duties (shared) for veterinary care of the collection
- Maintaining complete medical records on all clinical and pathology cases.
- Assisting with nutrition, reproduction, and species reintroduction programs, and foster collaboration within institution, and between institutions, to achieve common goals.
Provide additional services to and as required
- Maintain and comply with all regulatory requirements
- May oversee other staff (technical and support) provided by the facility.
If you're the right candidate, please send your resume with cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Independent International Zoo Consultant