Senior Animal Keeper: Primates
Twycross Zoo is at a very exciting stage of development with the first phase of a 20 year masterplan already underway. The plan will see the zoo developing new habitats for a refreshed animal collection.
We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Animal Keeper to work on our Primates section. This area manages all our small primate species including gibbons, callitrichids, cebids, guenons and lemurs.
· working on the section, covering all areas of animal husbandry
· assisting with the training and development of staff
· training and record keeping
· interacting with zoo visitors
Key Skills & Requirements:
· minimum of 4 years’ experience as a keeper – must include working with primates
· enthusiastic, high performing and motivated with a proven track record in zoo animal management
· substantial working knowledge of the natural history and management of key species
· good team worker with a positive outlook and excellent communication skills
· commitment to continued professional development of yourself and other staff
· previous experience of supervising and training staff
· zoo keeping experience and a relevant animal-related qualification
The role is permanent full time and includes weekend duties on a rota system. Salary is paid monthly and we provide uniform and 31 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays).
Please apply on-line by sending your CV with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received, therefore you should submit your application as soon as possible.
Independent International Zoo Consultant