Collection Compliance Coordinator
Creating a future for wildlife is the mission of Auckland Zoo, home to the largest collection of native and exotic animals in New Zealand. This involves collaboration within the organisation and with agencies and partners across the globe. The Zoo's reputation and ability to function as an effective wildlife conservation organisation depends, in large part, on its ability to maintain good records and comply with legislation governing the biosecurity, welfare and transport of animals in its care. This position plays a central role in maintaining and developing relationships with all relevant stakeholders, overseeing and coordinating animal imports and exports, supporting the animal records officer and ensuring staff familiarity and compliance with all legislation, authorities and agreements governing the activities of the Life Sciences department.
To be successful in this role, you must possess:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a zoo life sciences or government zoo compliance role
- Extensive working knowledge and experience of international animal import and export processes
- Good knowledge of legislation governing the operation of zoos and, in particular, the transport of wild animals
- Good working knowledge and experience of ZIMS and MedZIMS or similar animal records databases.
- High level project management skills
- Attention to detail, methodical and deadline focused
- Good time and personal workload management skills
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Enthusiastic and effective team player and collaborator
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation.
Learn more HERE
Independent International Zoo Consultant