Head Animal Keeper
Becky Falls Woodland Park
We are currently recruiting for a Head Animal Keeper. As Head Animal Keeper you will be responsible for the daily husbandry of all the mammals, reptiles, amphibians and birds here. This will include cleaning, diet preparation, record keeping and enclosure redesign. Other duties will include planning, evaluating and executing environmental enrichment for the animals and delivering animal encounter shows, feeding sessions and keeper talks. To excel in this role you will need good initiative to come up with new ideas to help move the park forward and to increase revenue and minimise costs, whilst maintaining standards.
We are looking for the following skills and experience;
- A minimum of A level or equivalent qualifications in animal care or animal science
- Extensive practical experience working with a wide range of species.
- Exceptional presentation skills are a must, in addition to the ability & passion to interact with the public.
- A good level of understanding of animal behaviour and the care of animals.
- Strong communication & computer skills are required
- Efficient time management and organisational skills.
- Enthusiasm to learn & develop in the role.
This role is full-time and permanent position. Working 37.5 hours per week 5 days out of 7 which will include weekends and bank holidays.
Closing date for applications is: 20th May 2017
Contact: Emily Richards (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Apply for this job:
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Independent International Zoo Consultant