Head of Durrell Conservation Training
Job Title: Head of Durrell Conservation Training
Department: Durrell Conservation Training Ltd. (Mauritius)
Reporting to: Head of Conservation Learning and Development (Jersey)
Full time / Part-time: Full Time
Permanent / Contract: 2 Year Contract
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to lead the day-to-day management and strategic development of the training programme delivered through Durrell Conservation Training Ltd, Mauritius. We are looking for a proactive and strategic individual with a positive attitude and with proven management and communications skills.
If this is you, please get in touch!
• To provide strategic direction for Durrell Conservation Training Ltd and the development of multi-year strategic plans (with underlying budgets) that deliver the organisation’s capacity-building goals in line with the broader strategic plan of Durrell’s international training programme;
• To develop and deliver a programme of conservation training courses in Mauritius designed to attract participants from the international conservation community;
• To line manage staff within Durrell Conservation Training Ltd as and when they are employed and ensure all day to day functions of the organisation are allocated to appropriate staff or contracted out;
• To oversee the legislative requirements placed on DCT Ltd as a Mauritian-based not-for-profit, limited company, including the organisation of and participation in bi-annual Board meetings and national reporting requirements.
• To represent the organisation at the Board of Directors meetings held to oversee the development of the organisation;
• Monitor and maintain quality standards within the training programme and ensure that annual KPIs are met;
• Maintain current local partnerships and develop local and international institutional partnerships that enhance the quality and quantity of the training being provided by the organisation;
• Seek and follow up on local funding possibilities, work with Durrell’s fundraising team for international funding, produce fund-raising proposals and manage donor relations in support of the organisation’s training work;
• To support and, where appropriate, deliver Durrell’s training activities within Western Indian Ocean, including Madagascar, Comoros and the Seychelles;
• To support the delivery of Durrell’s broader investment in Mauritius through support to project administration, fundraising and donor reporting associated with delivery of the 2017 – 2025 Durrell Strategy;
• To support Durrell’s wider conservation training programme as and when required;
• Other: to recruit, line-manage and develop staff as employed by Durrell Conservation Training Ltd in Mauritius. This role also requires the ability to co-ordinate and manage the delivery of training initiatives involving staff from other partner organisations, such as the Mauritian Wildlife Foundation. To additionally recruit interns and volunteers where appropriate.
The successful candidate will have:
• A Minimum MSc in a biological or related wildlife management/ conservation field;
• A minimum of 3 Years financial/project management experience within an international organisation;
• Proven experience as a professional conservation trainer and facilitator and evidence of a valued reputation within the conservation sector;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Bilingual in French and English;
• Excellent people management skills and a team player;
• Enthusiastic, energetic, innovative and entrepreneurial;
• Commitment to be part of a team taking Durrell to a new level of reputation, profile and conservation impact.
How to apply
To apply for this position please send your updated CV, completed application form and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
A full job description that explains the role is available at www.durrell.org/home/work-at-durrell/
Independent International Zoo Consultant