Part-time Lecturer – Animal Management
SPARSHOLT COLLEGE HAMPSHIRE
Part-time Lecturer – Animal Management FE (Level 1 Curriculum) (0.4 FTE)
£20,950 - £32,241 pro rata (dependent upon qualifications)
15 hours per week
The post holder will act as a Lecturer to students predominantly focussing on the Level 1 provision within the FE Animal Management and Veterinary Nursing area, liaising with the other staff, course team and the Head of Faculty. The role would suit candidates with a focus on general Animal Management subjects as well as learners with specific learning needs.
The post holder will undertake teaching on a range of subjects within the animal management curriculum of a primarily theoretical nature with occasional practical instruction, demonstration, portfolio building, life skills development and the other appropriate work relating to students’ learning programmes.
The post holder will have a suitable Animal Management or related subject qualification such as a Higher National Diploma or Honours Degree in Animal Management or a related subject, and is experienced with learners from 16 years of age. Experience of dealing with young people and the challenges they bring would be advantageous. The successful candidate will preferably have teaching experience, and must have relevant animal related industrial experience, and be able to demonstrate competent handling of a wide range of animals and hold or be willing to attain a recognised teaching qualification including the A1 assessors award.
The full time equivalent salary for this role is £20,950 - £32,241 per annum. With the contractual hours of 15 hours per week, the actual salary range is £8,380 - £12,896 per annum.
This role will be based at the Sparsholt campus.
Closing Date: 09 July 2018
· Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
· Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
· Free on- site parking
· Car Share Scheme
· Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
· Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
· Flexible Working Policy
· Holiday entitlement of 42 days plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time staff)
· Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
· On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per year)
· You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
· Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey
· Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
· Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
· Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
· Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
Application packs are available from:
24 hour recruitment line: 01962 797438
Independent International Zoo Consultant