Full Time Carnivore Keeper
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and motivated individual to join our team. We're looking for an experienced animal keeper to work on our Carnivore and South America Section. This is a full-time position working a 40 hour week on a flexible rota (including weekends and bank holidays).
This is a key role within the team of keepers covering a variety of duties. The position will take a proactive role in the daily management of the section as well as helping with other sections when required. Within this role there is also collective responsibility for the development of an intern working within the team.
We expect applicants to have a sound knowledge of the species concerned, a strong work ethic, good team working skills and the ability to maintain high levels of hygiene.
Species on section include:
Typical aspects of the role include:
- Assisting in the daily management and care of the animals on section
- Delivering talks and experiences to the visiting guests
- Driving the company vehicle for collection of resources, e.g. meat
- Assisting in the management training of the animals
- Assisting in the training of an intern
Applicants must have a full driving licence.
Other Job Holder Expectations:
- Ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of the work and responsibilities.
- Mindful of the visitor experience in all aspects of your work.
- Demonstrate professionalism towards sensitive and confidential information.
- Christian belief is not expected, but willingness to work within the ethos of the business is necessary.
- Comply with and promote Health and Safety policies and procedures and undertake recommended Health and Safety training as and when required.
- Undertake such other duties as are relevant with the position
How to apply
To apply send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org subject of emails should read 'Application for keeper role'.
Your covering letter should include an accurate summery of your relevant experience with species we have listed above. If your experience is with other zoo species, please describe and explain why you would like to work with these species. Covering letters should be no longer than 1 side of A4.
We are looking to recruit an experienced candidate for this role as this is not an entry level position, as such applicants with no previous professional experience will not be considered. Pay will be no less that national living wage for age and dependant on experience.
Final closing date for applications will be 11th August. However, due the preference for a quick start date date, applications will be reviewed on arrival. Strong candidates may be contacted ahead of the closing date and interviews arranged at earliest convenience. We reserve the right to close the application process early if the role is filled. Because of this process early applications are advised.
Independent International Zoo Consultant