Aquarist and Diver
RedFin Aquarium Design
About the job
A unique opportunity has arisen to work in one of Hong Kong largest aquariums. Your priority will be the health of aquatic animals, maintaining the appearance of the aquarium and cleanliness of the back of house areas. The position is based in Wong Chuk Hang.
- Your primary task is to maintain and clean the aquarium exhibit and quarantine systems, including:
- Surface and dive cleaning.
- Vacuuming, cleaning of tank or theming surfaces.
- Your secondary tasks include the following:
- Assist with basic husbandry duties, including:
- Food preparation following guidelines provided by Lead Aquarist,
- Feeding (surface and dive), and
- Observation of animal health and condition.
- Maintenance and cleaning of various life support systems equipment such as protein skimmers, bag filters, etc.
- Checking of life support systems.
- Assisting in maintenance and repair of life support systems if required.
- Assisting in various treatment for sick animals.
- Water quality testing using various equipment such as colorimeter and multiparameter meter.
- Receiving incoming fish shipments.
- Proper acclimation and introduction of animal into quarantine systems.
- Catch and transfer of animals between exhibit and quarantine systems.
- Maintain dive logs, risk assessments, emergency procedures, daily reports and records.
- Maintain dive equipment and cleanliness of back of house areas.
- Assist with procurement of dive and maintenance equipment.
- You will report to the Lead Aquarist.
To learn more and/or apply please click HERE
If it's not posted here you may not reach the right candidate
This vacancy has been posted out to the many thousands who read the popular Zoo Jobs Blog Page and then on to the 129,400 plus followers of the ZooNews Digest Facebook Page. It is then immediately forwarded on to Twitter and then to Pinterest and Linkedin (8,000+ connections). Many vacancies are shared to individuals and groups. In short your vacancy will have the potential of reaching something in the region of some 80,000 plus people within 24 hours. Most of these people are working in a zoo environment, Keepers, Curators, Vets, Zoo Directors, Trainers, Aquarists and more.
ZooNews Digest has subscribers in over 1200 Zoos in 150+ countries. Zoo professionals are International.
The number of people who will actually read the posted vacancy will actually be considerably less. Usually this will be between two hundred and three thousand. This will depend on the type of post, the time of the year and where it is located…of course not all will apply. I wish you the very best of luck in finding the right candidate for your post.
To make a donation to help with the continuation of the work of ZooNews Digest please click on the DONATE button on top left of this page. Thank you. I will be most grateful. firstname.lastname@example.org