Yorkshire Wildlife Park
Since its opening in 2009, Yorkshire Wildlife Park has evolved to become the UK’s number 1 on-foot safari. We feature walkthrough exhibits that take the guest directly into the world of the animals. A dynamic centre for conservation and welfare, the park currently has over 400 animals across more than 70 different species. Unique, innovative and undergoing a period of continued rapid growth and development, Yorkshire Wildlife Park attracts over 650,000 visitors per annum.
We are currently looking for a number of Animal Rangers to join our dynamic and energetic animal team. The successful candidates will have a positive, ‘can do’ attitude and demonstrate a consistently proactive and flexible approach to work. With previous experience working in an animal based role within a collection, the successful candidates may have the opportunity to work across all three sections within the department (Hoofstock, Carnivores and Primates and Presentations) and therefore the position would suit a multi-skilled animal keeper.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver talks and presentations throughout the day.
- Feed, clean out and provide enrichment for animals.
- Maintain accurate animal records.
- Facilitate an exciting, inspirational and memorable experience for our guests.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with the ability to work well under pressure.
- To be considered, applicants must be confident in delivering talks and presentations to large audiences on a daily basis.
- Previous experience working with an array of exotic animal species within a zoo or wildlife park.
- Acute attention to detail with the confident ability to consistently facilitate an outstanding visitor experience.
This is a permanent, full time position working an average of 40 hours per week on an annualised basis. Hours are normally worked over 5 days per week including weekends and some evening/ early morning work as the business requires.
To apply for this position and for full vacancy information please visit the vacancies section of our website https://www.yorkshirewildlifepark.com/about-us/vacancies/ where you can download the required application form and job vacancy information pack.
Closing date for applications 9 November 2016. Expected start date 1 December.
Independent International Zoo Consultant