DEPUTY SECTION HEAD CARNIVORES
Howletts Wild Animal Park near Canterbury, Kent is currently recruiting for Deputy Section Head of Carnivores. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and self motivated and have at least three years experience within a mainstream zoological collection, preferably working with carnivores in a similar role.
Duties of the role with involve:
- The ability to deputise for the Section Head in his absence.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and report writing.
- The ability to supervise staff and ensure that the section is maintained to the highest
standards in terms of front of house and behind the scenes presentation.
- A proactive approach to work in general.
- A full, clean driving licence.
- Adherence and a good understanding of health and safety requirements of a modern
- Willingness to be part of our general security team.
Although not essential, the following would be an advantage:
- Experience driving farm machinery.
- Maintenance and machinery skills.
- IT literate.
- Fire arms trained.
Applicants must have a proven track record in a similar position at a recognised zoological collection. They must possess good all round animal husbandry skills and be capable of deputising for the Section Head in his absence.
Working 5 days a week, including weekends and bank holidays, the successful candidate will have a genuinely flexible approach to working hours.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Single person accommodation may be available.
The new closing date is: 14th November 2016.
To apply: Please email a CV and covering letter to Jasmine Ash -
Please visit our website: www.aspinallfoundation.org to find out more.
Independent International Zoo Consultant