DEPUTY SECTION HEAD PRIMATES
Howletts is a world class wildlife park run by the international conservation charity The Aspinall Foundation, and works to support a number of overseas conservation projects including the Java Primate Project in Indonesia. We are home to a collection of around 160 rare and endangered primates, including Javan gibbons, Dusky langurs, Sulawesi macaques, Pied tamarins and Gelada baboons.
- The ability to deputise for the Section Head in his absence.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and report writing.
- The ability to supervise staff and ensure that the section is maintained to the highest standards in terms of front of house and behind the scenes presentation.
- A proactive approach to work in general.
- A full, clean driving licence.
- Adherence and a good understanding of health and safety requirements of a modern zoological collection.
- Experience driving farm machinery.
- Maintenance and machinery skills.
- IT literate.
- Able to take part in the in-house security team.
- Firearms trained.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working as a deputy or senior keeper, preferably with primates; and experience of managing/supervising a small team of staff. Applicants must have a proven track record in a similar position at a recognised zoological collection. They must posses good all round animal husbandry skills and be capable of deputising for the Section Head in his absence.
All applicants must have right to work in the UK
Single person accommodation may be available with this position.
To apply: please email your full C.V. and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or send to: Human Resources Department, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.
Closing date for applications: Friday 28th October 2016
Please visit our website: www.aspinallfoundation.org to find out more about us.
Independent International Zoo Consultant