SPARSHOLT COLLEGE HAMPSHIRE
Instructor – Estate Skills
Full or Part-time and Job Share applications considered
£18,840 - £22,508 pro rata (depending on qualifications)
The College is seeking a highly motivated person to deliver estate skills to a range of Animal Management students, as well as lead construction/landscaping projects such as animal enclosures at the Animal Management Centre (AMC). The post holder will also have responsibility for a workshop and contribute to the upkeep and maintenance of existing AMC grounds, equipment and structures.
We welcome applicants who have general construction, fencing and/or landscaping skills and background, have some instructing or supervising experience, hold or be willing to attain a recognised teaching qualification, which can be provided in-house, and have a passion for working with young people. A qualification in a relevant subject at National Diploma level or higher is desirable.
Whilst the position is full-time, we would welcome job share applicants and would also consider applicants who wished to work on a substantial part-time basis. Please outline in your application if you are applying on a part-time or job share basis and if so how many hours you wish to work.
This post is to be based at the Sparsholt campus.
Closing Date: 26 February 2018
· Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
· Death Benefit grant of 3x salary if in the pension scheme
· Free on-site parking
· Car Share Scheme
· Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
· Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
· Flexible Working Policy
· Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
· On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
· You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
· Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
· Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
· Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
· Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
· Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
Application packs are available from:
24 hour recruitment line: 01962 797438
Independent International Zoo Consultant