Animal Keeper – (39 hours per week)
Salary: £11711 - £14300
The Animal Management Centre at Rodbaston College houses a wide range of domestic and non-domestic species. We hold a zoo license, are members of ISIS and intend to join BIAZA. We are currently extending the facility and the collection and we are seeking a new member of staff to take responsibility for one of the four sections that make up the Animal Centre.
The successful applicant will:
· Have a real passion for animals
· Have relevant qualification preferably to degree level or similar
· Have relevant experience working in an accredited animal collection.
· Be a team player and have the ability to supervise and informally instruct students of all levels.
· Hold a clean UK driving licence.
There is a requirement to work unsociable hours including weekends and bank holidays.
The College is working towards setting new standards for the husbandry of animals of all kinds and the successful applicant will be a key player in this.
Closing date for applications: 1st August 2008
For an application form and job description contact:
Rodbaston College, Penkridge, Stafford ST19 5PH
Tel: 01785 712209 or e-mail: Personnel@rodbaston.ac.uk
Please mention you saw the advertisement in ZooNews Digest should you
apply for this post