Head Keeper - Reaseheath College
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Animal Management department at Reaseheath College and Animal Centre, as a Head Keeper to join their growing team, and to support the animal collection and expanding provision of animal related subjects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• The day to day management of the animal centre working closely with the Animal Collection Manager
• Lead and support animal keeping staff
• Maintaining budgets
• Maintain the highest level of animal welfare
• Monitoring and maintaining animal health
• Participating in the acquisition of specimens
• Maintain procedures and protocols set out by management and in line with the needs of the Zoo licence.
• Developing industry links
The ideal candidate will have:
• A proven track record in the management of an animal collection, or a proven record of supervisory experience, and understanding of the education, conservation and research needs of the animal collection in the college context. Experience with a wide range of animals is required. The centre holds 125 species and 1000 animals and is a full member of BIAZA.
The animal section maintains good links with OATA, BIAZA, ABWAK, RBST, along with many other key organisations.
For more information please contact
Animal collection Manager on 01270613161,
Or apply direct to
Please mention you saw the advertisement in ZooNews Digest should you
apply for this post