Assistant Behavioural Biologist - Taronga Zoo
Scientific Research and Wildlife Conservation
This is an exceptional career opportunity for a committed and motivated individual to join our Scientific Research and Wildlife Conservation division. This role, based at Taronga Zoo, assists the Behavioural Biologist with a particular emphasis on behavioural research and management of the animal collection of the Taronga Conservation Society Australia.
The successful applicant will possess:
• Tertiary qualifications in animal behaviour or related discipline.
• Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation and analysis of animal behaviour research.
• Demonstrated capacity to publish scientific publications
• Proven knowledge of environmental enrichment techniques and their implementation for a wide variety of species.
• Experience in volunteer or personnel management.
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
• Experience with statistical analysis software for behavioural research.
• Experience in behavioural research including behavioural or environmental enrichment in a zoological environment.
To obtain further information including a position description, selection criteria and an application form visit www.taronga.org.au or contact Rebecca Spindler on (02) 9978 4608, or email email@example.com
Applications should be sent to HR Officer, Taronga Conservation Society Australia, PO Box 20, Mosman 2088 by Thursday 31 July 2008, quoting reference no. 2008/50.
Please mention you saw the advertisement in ZooNews Digest should you
apply for this post