This Post, first advertised over a month ago is still open as of 13th July 2008
Wildlife Reserves Singapore (WRS) is the parent company of the award winning attractions – Singapore Zoo, Night Safari and Jurong Bird Park. WRS strives to be a world class leisure attraction, providing excellent exhibits of animals (and birds) presented in their natural environment, for the purpose of conservation, education and recreation. WRS parks have been conferred the Best Leisure Attraction Experience Award at the Singapore Tourism Awards for15 times. The record achievement affirms WRS parks’ status as Singapore’s premier leisure venues.
We are inviting capable and motivated individuals to be part of our dynamic team serving our 3 parks.
RESEARCH & CONSERVATION CURATOR
The incumbent is responsible for managing current projects, developing future projects both ex-situ and in-situ, and promoting the conservation causes undertaken by all three institutions of WRS.
· Supervise and manage current team of Conservation & Research (C&R) staff
· Develop research projects across various disciplines
· Communicate the WRS’ policies on conservation and research, both internally and externally
· Network with researchers, institutes of higher learning, NGOs and governmental organizations to develop partnerships
· Manage several project portfolios which are supported or driven by WRS institutions
· Collate, assess and recommend projects, both internally and externally, to the C&R Committee, for institutional support
· Recruit volunteers to undertake institutional research projects
· Guide and supervise undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate students undertaking research projects in the WRS institutions
· Ensure that conservation and research findings are shared in appropriate peer-reviewed publications, proceedings, reports and other media
· Facilitate the academic publication of research material under the WRS institutions authorship, or in partnership with other like-minded organizations
· Develop, generate and maintain collateral and information on C&R department through reports, web pages, presentations, outreach and other formats as and when required by the WRS Management
· Present papers and facilitate paper presentations by other staff members at relevant conferences and symposia
· Liaise with the other internal departments to promote and advance the conservation and research cause in WRS institutions
· Assist with organizing conservation fundraising events when necessary
· At least a Masters degree in Zoology, Ecology or relevant life sciences discipline.
· At least five years working in conservation, field biology or research post.
· Broad knowledge of conservation, research, zoological and educational issues.
· Ability to lead a team and build partnerships and contacts locally, regionally and internationally.
· Ability to communicate effectively – both verbal and written, across abroad age range
· Experience in publishing research findings.
· High level of computer literacy
· Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to encourage and drive people on C&R initiatives.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with three of the best world-class attractions, please send your detailed resume, together with your current and expected remuneration to:
Human Resources Department
Wildlife Reserves Singapore Pte Ltd
80 Mandai Lake Road
Websites: www.zoo.com.sg www.nightsafari.com.sg
(We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified)
Please mention you saw the advertisement in ZooNews Digest should youapply for this post