(Permanent Full-time & Part-time Positions)
This is an exceptional career opportunity for committed and experienced Keepers to join our Life Science and Environmental Education division within our Australian Fauna, Bird Show and Backyard to Bush Precincts, located at Taronga Zoo. There are also Keeper opportunities at Taronga Western Plains Zoo in Dubbo.
The successful applicants for this role will possess:
· Certificate III in Captive Animal Management (or equivalent), or the ability to enroll in the course;
· Knowledge and experience in captive husbandry and exhibit design;
· Possess a working knowledge of the biology and behaviour of related species and their conservation needs;
· Demonstrated customer service ethos;
· Experience in animal training and operant conditioning techniques in both routine and non-routine presentations.
· Demonstrated presentation and communication skills; and
· Hold a current NSW Class C Drivers Licence and hold or have the ability to gain a Class A&B Firearms Licence.
To obtain further information and an application form visit www.taronga.org.au (Jobs at the Zoo) or contact Kate McDonald on (02) 9978 4626, or email email@example.com
Applications addressing the specific selection criteria should be sent to HR Officer, TCSA, PO Box 20, Mosman NSW 2088 by close of business Friday 18 July 2008 quoting reference no. 2008/49.
Taronga Conservation Society Australia is a Trade Mark of the Zoological Parks Board of NSW ABN 41 733 619 876
Please mention ZooNews Digest should you apply for this post.