Deputy Team Leader : Large Mammals
Twycross Zoo is at a very exciting stage of development with the first phase of a 20 year masterplan already underway. The plan will see the zoo developing new habitats for a refreshed animal collection starting with Gibbon Forest in 2016.
We currently have a vacancy for a Deputy Team Leader to work on our Large Mammals section.
This area manages a range of ungulate and carnivore species including zebra, nyala, tapir, amur leopard, snow leopard, meerkat, Kirk’s dik dik, Asian elephant and giraffe.
· A hands-on role, working on the section
· Supervising all areas of daily animal husbandry
· Developing, supervising and training staff
· Taking administrative responsibility alongside other senior staff within the Large Mammals section
Key Skills & Requirements:
· High performing and enthusiastic
· Proven track record of zoo animal management
· Substantial experience of zoological animal management, with at least 8 years’ relevant experience
· Able to demonstrate good working knowledge of the natural history and management of large mammals
· Good team worker with positive outlook
· Excellent communication and IT skills
· Committed to continued professional development of yourself and others
· An animal related qualification such as ANCMZA or DZMAA
The role is on a permanent contract and is a full time position (working on average 5 days out of 7) , including weekend duties on a rota system. Salary is paid monthly with and 31 days paid holiday per annum (pro-rata). Uniform is also provided
Please apply on-line by sending your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
This vacancy will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received, therefore you should submit your application as soon as possible.
Independent International Zoo Consultant