Birds of Prey - Seasonal Position
National Centre for Birds of Prey
Duncombe Park, Helmsley,
North Yorkshire YO62 5EB. UK
Tel 0844 7422035
Seasonal Position Available at the National Centre for Birds of Prey, Duncombe Park, Helmsley.
The National Centre for Birds of Prey is looking for another exceptional person to join our team.
Previous experience of working with raptors is preferable, but not essential. A passion for all birds of prey, not just the falconry species is vital. An ability to speak well to the public is important.
Based at Duncombe Park, Helmsley, North Yorkshire YO62 5EB.
The position is seasonal and will start 1st April and run until 31st October
No accommodation is provided.
A full UK driving licence and your own transport is essential.
No personal birds, dogs or other livestock are allowed on site.
The whole site is a no smoking area inside and out.
Salary will be £15900 per annum pro rata. Paid monthly.
The working week is 5 days long. Staff need to assume they will be working weekends and bank holidays.
The normal working day is 8.30am until 5.30ish. If a bird has been lost or if there is a special event on, the working day can be considerably longer. Staff keep going until the work is done.
A “can do” attitude and an ability to adapt to changing work patterns is essential. An ability to work hard is crucial.
28 days holiday per annum pro rata.
Duties will include:-
• helping in the husbandry of the entire collection
• the maintenance and cleaning of all aviaries, weighing room and freezer room and the general tidiness of the whole centre, including weeding and lawn mowing
• helping in providing flying demonstrations for the visitors, including a well-founded commentary
• providing guided tours, school visits, experience days, hawking days and hawk hikes for customers
• talking to members of the public and answering questions
• basically if anything needs doing – the bird staff get to do it! All staff are expected to “muck in” whenever necessary. Everyone has a clearly defined role, but everyone is expected to help out as required.
Submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications 22nd February 2017
Independent International Zoo Consultant