Resident Veterinary Surgeon
We are looking for a full-time Zoo Veterinarian to assist in the development of our veterinary services and support our high standards of welfare. This post will focus principally on developing preventative health care programmes whilst providing day-to-day care for the animals in the collection. It will include mentoring and support for the Animal Department and other animal related programmes operated by the wider business.
- Develop and maintain veterinary facility and capability at Safari Zoo in conjunction with the Animal Manager
- Provide day-to-day veterinary care
- Develop preventative medicine and health programmes
- Ensure biosecurity of collection
- Ensure highest standards of animal welfare within the collection
- Ensure Safari Zoo complies with all legislation related to veterinary issues, including health, safety and wellbeing
- Contribute to park-wide and Safari Zoo projects and events as required
- Support staff learning and development and student education programmes
This role is 40 hours per week on a pre-agreed rota basis, including some weekends and bank holidays. All applicants must have right to work in the UK.
Learn More HERE
Independent International Zoo Consultant