Flamingo Land Zoo
Closing date: Friday 10th March 2017
Flamingo Land Zoo is looking for an experienced zookeeper to join our team. Flamingo Land is one of the leading tourist attractions in the UK, attracting more than 1.4 million visitors each year. The zoo currently has over 130 species across a range of different taxa. We have an active education department, our own research institute (in collaboration with the University of York) and an award winning conservation project in Tanzania. The zoo is also a member of BIAZA, EAZA and WAZA.
The successful candidate will join our existing team of zookeepers and will work with a wide variety of animals, including ungulates, primates, carnivores and more. All of our zookeepers are encouraged to participate in a range of activities which include research, environmental enrichment and education.
The successful candidate will ideally have
• Experience of working in a zoological collection
• Passed the Diploma in the Management of Zoo and Aquarium Animals (or equivalent)
• A current driving licence (preferred)
• Experience with any of the above mentioned taxa (you will receive direct training in the husbandry of all species at Flamingo Land)
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience of delivering keeper talks and visitor engagement activities
• Computer knowledge and experience of ZIMS would be an advantage
Our zookeepers work five days out of seven with 30 days annual leave. A competitive salary is provided along with a staff reward scheme.
Interviews (including practical sessions) will take place the week after the closing date above.
How to Apply: Please email a CV and covering letter by 10th March 2017 to:
Independent International Zoo Consultant