TEAM LEADER - BIRD DEPARTMENT AND PRESENTER
Blair Drummond Safari and Adventure Park is situated midway between Glasgow and Edinburgh just four miles from Stirling. We are a small privately owned Safari Park of 125 acres holding 70 species of animals.
We currently have a vacancy for a full time permanent team leader to work within our bird section and manage a diverse collection of birds i.e. raven, caracara, falcons, eagles that are flown in daily presentations for our visitors during open season. There is accommodation on the estate for the successful applicant.
- Training of all the birds for high impact and dynamic presentations.
- Maintaining a high standard of health and welfare of the birds
- Accurate record keeping and monitoring of the birds.
- Daily husbandry duties within the section.
- Training and development of staff within the department
- Maintaining health & safety of staff and visitors.
- Promote the safari park and its attributes to the visiting public.
Key Skill & Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a bird keeper with developed skills to fly birds using different techniques.
- Must be enthusiastic, high performing and motivated with a proven track record in zoo animal management.
- Good team worker with a positive outlook and excellent communication skills
- Commitment to continued professional development of yourself and other staff
- Previous experience of supervising and training staff
- Zoo keeping experience and a relevant animal-related qualification
- Flexible working is essential and includes weekends and Bank holidays on a rota system.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience and to be reviewed after 6 months, a full clean driving licence is essential.
If you are interested please apply on line via our website www.blairdrummond.com and email your cv to Margaret@blairdrummond.com
Closing date for applications: 20th February 2017.
Independent International Zoo Consultant