Animal Keeper/Zoo host
Here at All Things Wild Nature Centre we are currently in our next phase of development with exciting times ahead. As the zoo expands, so does the need for new keepers to join our zoo keeper team.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the need of a full-time animal keeper/host to work 5 days a week including bank holidays and weekends. The successful applicant will have a keen passion for the natural world and conservation. A good eye for detail and high standards for animal husbandry are a must.
• Engage with visitors by delivering exceptional public talks and demonstrations.
• To undertake keeper experience days to a high standard.
• To ensure the highest standard of animal welfare is being adhered to.
• To be competent with handling small domestics and reptiles.
• Handle enquiries from visitors.
Key skills and requirements
• Previous experience working in a zoological facility is advantageous but not required as a comprehensive induction programme will be offered.
• The DMZAA animal course is advantageous but not necessary.
• Must have a can do attitude.
• Strong verbal communication skills and good customer care skills as she/he will be delivering animal presentations/talks to our visitors.
• An excellent time keeper.
• Work well as part of a team.
• A full UK driving license is advantageous.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Robert Killips, Head Keeper, All Things Wild Nature Centre, Station road, Honeybourne, Nr Evesham, WR11 7QZ. Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Independent International Zoo Consultant