Lakeland Wildlife Oasis
Full-time, permanent position. Salary dependent upon experience.
This role will involve overall responsibility for the day to day running of the collection, managing a small team of dedicated keepers and volunteers and ensuring that welfare standards are met for all species, as well as striving to fulfil the aims of The Lakeland Trust for Natural Sciences. The applicant must be an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated individual. You will be a good team worker, able to show initiative and have a positive outlook. The successful applicant will have a hands on keeper role as well as administrative responsibilities. Experience working in a similar senior zoo management role would be beneficial. Suitable applicants must be well organised and have at least two years previous experience in a zoo setting, working with a range of taxa. Flexibility is necessary in this post.
• An animal science related qualification (DMZAA or degree level)
• Knowledge of current zoo licensing regulations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Computer literacy (ZIMS experience desirable)
• Experience of supervising a team
• Ability to organise and prioritise tasks in a dynamic environment
• Physically fit for the demands of the role
• Full UK driving licence
If you would like the opportunity to join our team please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 7th April.
Independent International Zoo Consultant