TOUR GUIDE x 2
(April - October)
We are Chester Zoo, and for over 80 years we’ve been a leading conservation and education charity, and an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction.
We’re also a team of passionate, talented, enthusiastic and expert people, doing everything we can to keep the zoo going, from feeding the animals to discovering new conservation ideas, and giving our 1.9 million visitors an inspirational day out. We work hard because we love animals, we care about nature, we love Chester Zoo and we want to be the best zoo in the world!
If you think you can help us to achieve that, then we’d love to hear from you.
Our award winning Discovery and Learning Team is central to our visitors’ experience and their engagement with animals and conservation issues which we deliver through diverse, fun and exciting means.
We are currently on the search for two Tour Guides to join our team on a temporary basis to develop and deliver a brand new and innovative programme of tours for a wide range of audience types including families, VIPs and visiting groups. Ours tours will be exciting, memorable and different, whilst always engaging audiences with our conservation messages and mission.
The successful candidates will have:
• Experience developing and delivering engaging tours or similar experiences in a visitor attraction or within the arts environment
• Knowledge of the Zoology and conservation work, ideally demonstrated through a degree in a relevant subject
• Excellent customer service skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage with a wide range of different audiences
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and iPads
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• The ability to work effectively under their own initiative and as part of a team
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The salary for this role is £19,133.59 per annum based on 35 hours per week working 10 days out of 14, including weekends, Bank Holidays and evenings as rostered. In addition we offer a range of amazing benefits which can be found at http://www.chesterzoo.org/footer/careers/working-at-chester-zoo.
To apply for this position, please provide your current CV and complete the application form highlighting your skills and experience including why you should be considered for our Tour Guide role to http://www.chesterzoo.org/footer/careers.
Closing date for applications is Friday 24th March 2017.
Independent International Zoo Consultant