Paignton Zoo Environmental Park
Paignton Zoo is looking for a motivated, methodical person with excellent attention to detail to be responsible for its computerised animal collection records.
Main duties include:
• Data entry
• Assisting curators with the paperwork/logistical arrangements for animal transfers
• Co-ordinating research / questionnaire responses for the Animal Departments
• Other miscellaneous correspondence tasks
The successful applicant will be familiar with ZIMS (Zoological Information Management System) and ZIMS for Medical software and have good communication skills.
Terms and conditions:
• 15 hours per week (5-day week; 3 hours / day)
• 28 days’ annual leave per annum (including Bank Holidays) pro rata
• £9.23 / hour
Applications to be by hand/post only (not by e-mail) and include full CV and handwritten covering letter to:
To: Neil Bemment,
Curator of Mammals,
Paignton Zoo Environmental Park,
Totnes Road, Paignton, Devon TQ4 7EU
Closing Date: 31 March, 2017
" A registered charity dedicated to protecting our global wildlife heritage No. 300923 "
Independent International Zoo Consultant