Experienced Zoo Keeper
Here at All Things Wild Nature Centre we are currently in our next phase of development with exciting times ahead. As the zoo expands, so does the need for new keepers to join our zoo keeper team.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the need of an experienced zoo keeper to work 5 days a week including bank holidays and weekends. The successful applicant will have a keen passion for the natural world and conservation. A good eye for detail and high standards for animal husbandry are a must.
• Assist the Zoo team with day to day duties of animal husbandry.
• Have a minimum of 1-2 years employed within a zoo environment.
• To ensure the highest standard of animal welfare is being adhered to.
• To be competent delivering talks and experiences to members of the public.
• Handle enquiries from visitors.
• Assist in overseeing volunteers.
Key skills and requirements
• The DMZAA animal course is advantageous but not necessary.
• Must have a can do attitude.
• Strong verbal communication skills and good customer care skills as she/he will be delivering animal presentations/talks to our visitors.
• An excellent time keeper.
• Work well as part of a team.
• The ability to keep calm in stressful situations.
• A full UK driving license is desirable.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Robert Killips, Head Keeper, All Things Wild Nature Centre, Station road, Honeybourne, Nr Evesham, WR11 7QZ. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 14th April 2017
Independent International Zoo Consultant