We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic and confident person to take on the role of running our young and successful educational department. This is a full-time position, 40 hours a week including weekend work. Flexibility in working hours is essential to this role.
Duties of the role include
• Plan and deliver educational workshops to school groups.
• Maintain educational resources available through our website.
• Talks to our visitors on event days and during school holidays.
• Assist Photography groups, acting as guide and animal handler.
• Run our Birthday parties.
• Assist with our Animal Contact Sessions.
• Daily care of small animals in the classroom.
• General Zoo Keeper (animal husbandry) duties when not busy with School workshops.
• A good knowledge of exotic wildlife and global animal conservation issues is a must.
• An ability to communicate this knowledge to both the general public & students.
• The ideal candidate will have some previous experience of teaching or working in an educator’s role,
• Experience in presenting talks to the public is needed.
• Your own transport is required.
Please send an up to date CV and covering letter by email to Andrew Swales. office@HamertonZooPark.com
CLOSING DATE: 30th May 2016
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early and will only be contacting those who we wish to interview.