Dartmoor Zoo is a charity run Zoo which is currently undergoing an exciting period of change, and we are looking for people who can help us achieve this. We have developed substantially in the past 8 years, and are looking to continue that trend. We are situated on the edge of Dartmoor National Park, and just 7 miles from the historic city of Plymouth.
Dartmoor Zoo is looking to recruit an experienced, enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to join our Animal Department. You will perform general animal husbandry duties to a high standard with a wide range of animals including big cats and other carnivores, small mammals, hoofstock, primates and birds. You will play an integral role in training, enrichment and maintenance of the animals and their enclosures, as well as supervising our Volunteers and Interns. No accommodation is offered with this role.
• A minimum of two years’ full time paid employment in a recognised Zoological collection, working with some of the species mentioned above.
• An animal related qualification such as DMZAA or similar, or the desire to obtain such qualifications.
• The ability to assist in Veterinary procedures.
• Applicants must have a full U.K. driving licence and their own vehicle due to location.
• A Firearms licence is desirable, but not essential.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good IT skills and a sound knowledge of record keeping.
• Good team worker with a positive outlook.
• Have some experience of enclosure maintenance and power tools.
You will work an average 40 hour week, including weekends, Bank Holidays and other days as required. Some evening work may be necessary for evening events. You will also comply with company policies and procedures regarding Health & Safety and administration. Salary will be £14,981. Previous applicants need not apply.
Please send your C.V and cover letter to email@example.com
This vacancy will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received, therefore you should submit your application as soon as possible. Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.