Peak Wildlife Park
• Working with a diverse range of animals, covering all areas of animal husbandry
• Training and record keeping
• Assisting with the training and development of staff
• Engaging with members of the public and carrying out one-to-one animal experiences
• Creating and delivering talks and presentations
Key Skills and Requirements:
• Experience working as an animal keeper – must include working with big cats, ungulates and primates
• Enthusiastic and highly motivated with a proven track record in zoo animal management
• Good team worker with excellent communication skills
• Commitment to continued professional development of yourself and other staff
• Previous experience of supervising and training staff
• Diploma in the Management of Zoo animals and Aquaria (DMZAA) or an equivalent qualification
• Full UK driving license
• Computer literate with an excellent understanding of the Microsoft Office package and working knowledge of ZIMS would be desirable.
Working hours will vary depending on time of year, with longer shifts during the summer period and shorter days throughout winter. Staff are salaried so wages are not affected by varying hours.
Salary will be dependent on experience and will include other company benefits.
Please apply on-line by sending your CV with a covering letter to: