SEASONAL ZOO RANGER (3 positions)
1 x June - 4th September
2 x July - 4th September
We are Chester Zoo, and for over 80 years we’ve been a leading conservation and education charity, and an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction.
We’re also a team of passionate, talented, enthusiastic and expert people, doing everything we can to keep the zoo going, from feeding the animals to discovering new conservation ideas, and giving our 1.7 million visitors an inspirational day out.
We work hard because we love animals, we care about nature, we love Chester Zoo and we want to be the best zoo in the world!
If you think you can help us to achieve that, then we’d love to hear from you.
Our award winning Discovery and Learning Team is central to our visitors’ experience and their engagement with animals and conservation issues which we deliver through diverse, fun and exciting means.
We’re currently on the search for Zoo Rangers to join our team delivering public education around the zoo. This will include one to one engagement, exhibit supervision and other educational activities. Audiences vary from 1 to 500 or more, and there is lots of public interaction requiring a confident and outgoing personality.
The successful candidate will have:
• a good knowledge of the natural world and conservation
• a dynamic and creative mind
• the ability to deliver high quality public engagement opportunities for our visitors
• excellent customer services skills
• the ability to work on their own as well as a part of a busy team
• good organisational and time management skills
Experience of working in the zoo education field and knowledge of Chester Zoo’s animal collection and conservation work would be an advantage.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This is a temporary position, working 35 hours per week, 5 days out of 7. This will include weekends and Bank Holidays as rostered, and may include occasional evening work. The rate of pay is £8.35 per hour.
In addition we offer a range of amazing benefits including:
• auto-enrolment into the National Employment Savings Trust (NEST)
• a free admittance ticket for family/friends per month of service
• staff discount from restaurants and retail shops plus a subsidised canteen
• free entry to affiliated zoos and collections through BIAZA
• access to West Cheshire Credit Union
• free use of the X8 bus service to and from work
• free car parking
To apply for this position, please provide your current CV and covering letter stating why you believe you should be considered for our Seasonal Zoo Ranger role to http://www.chesterzoo.org/footer/careers.
Application URL : http://www.chesterzoo.careers/applynow/8181bc1064180ded?s=ZooNewsDigest
Closing date for applications is Friday 10th June 2016.