Experienced Animal Keeper
Eltisley Wildlife Park (part of G.W.Topham & Son group of companies)
We currently have an opportunity as an Animal Keeper at our farm in Eltisley, Cambridgeshire. As an animal keeper you will be primarily concerned with day to day husbandry duties and attending to the general care of animals. We currently have a private collection in excess of 180 South American animals, and recently gained planning permission to develop into an Educational Centre and Wildlife park opening to the public. Your role will include ensuring that the animal areas are maintained to the highest levels of cleanliness and that all essential observations are completed. There will also be, for the right candidate, the opportunity to assist in the development of Wildlife Park prior to public opening.
Ideal candidate to include the following qualities / experience:
• Knowledge of South American animals (Alpacas / Rheas / Capybara / Llamas & Maras)
• Enthusiastic attitude towards work, willingness to work hard
• Love of animals and domestic pets, including horses
• Pro-active approach to animal welfare, with ability to spot problems and recommend
• £ competitive – depending upon experience
• 24 days holiday + bank holidays (per annum)
• BUPA cover after three months service
• Auto-enrolment Pension (NEST programme)
• 40 hours per week (7am – 4pm Mon – Fri) with occasional weekend working during the year
• Location: PE19 6TR
• Immediate Start
Full driving Licence is required.
If you are interested in this role, please apply to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a covering letter with your CV and how your experience relates to the job role.